Trijicon has announced their newest optic in their military grade lineup, named the VCOG. VCOG stands for Variable Combat Optical Gunsite, and is a 1-6x LED, adjustable, First Focal Plane (FFP) BDC reticle. While Military Times GearScout has only had an opportunity to handle a prototype model, there was no doubt this is a solid optic, and even as a prototype the glass was as clean and clear as you would expect from Trijicon. 5.56, 300BLK, and .308 reticles are available, and battery life is 700 hours at illumination setting 4 (of 6).
Check out the Trijicon website for additional info, or below for some additional information taken from the company spec sheet.
Overview The Trijicon VCOG (Variable Combat Optical Gunsight) is a rugged variable powered riflescope with an LED illuminated first focal plane BDC reticle. The VCOG is designed for extreme durability and features superior glass quality. The magnification range accommodates CQB and long distance marksmanship. The VCOG is a MIL-spec grade optic, robust enough for any application.
- First focal plane reticle; reticle subtensions and drops remain true at any magnification.
- Superior quality glass lenses provide clarity and light gathering capabilities with zero distortion.
- Bullet Drop Compensating & Ranging Reticle
- Forged 7075-T6 aircraft-aluminum-alloy housing provides for a nearly indestructible sighting system.
- Tested to MIL-STD-810G it’s both rugged and durable.
- Illuminated Reticle Powered by a single AA battery.
- Adjustable Brightness Settings
- Integrated fin on magnification dial allows easy rotation through magnification settings.
- Integrated mounting adapter eliminates the need for conventional mounting and provides quick-easy mounting to any rail system.
- 4 in. constant eye relief through all magnifications.
- Waterproof to 20 meters (66 ft.)
- Made in the USA